The committee will attend to the following issues and report to Council as appropriate:
- Consider existing campus committees (including task forces and working groups) and develop sensible bodies for ensuring effective shared governance in student affairs.
- Work with the Chancellor, the Provost, the Director of Graduate Studies, and other interested parties (e.g., GPC and GSA), to focus on graduate student concerns, including the following:
- Give attention to graduate students’ experiences on campus in facilitating the implementation of the report’s recommendations.
- Continue to work with the Vice Chancellor of Student Affairs and other interested parties (e.g., MSA) to define the roles and responsibilities of faculty pertaining to the prevention/reduction of student alcohol abuse, especially that involve underage drinking.
- Collaborate with campus administration and other stakeholders as services directed at mental health and wellbeing are consolidated.
- Consider what the University can do to address the needs of international students (undergraduate and graduate/professional). Investigate whether the MU International Center, the Office of Graduate Studies, and other relevant offices have sufficient resources for their missions, as well as whether they can improve the services provided to international students.
Student Affairs Committee: