Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
The committee will attend to the following issues and report to the Council as appropriate:
- Review 2019-2020 committee annual report and address any unfinished business (https://facultycouncil.missouri.edu/key-resources/).
- Work with Ben Trachtenberg in consideration of existing campus committee structure (including task forces and working groups) and develop sensible and efficient approaches for ensuring effective shared governance in inclusion, diversity and equity.
- Examine the MU Campus Inclusive Excellence Plan and consider issues of implementation and need for revision;
- Engage with the new Vice Chancellor of Inclusion, Diversity & Equity to improve curricula and training on issues of inclusion, diversity and equity.
- Examine the implementation of the College of Arts & Science course requirement and explore what other units have considered or implemented similar requirements, and create a listing of curriculum requirements across campus;
- Explore child care availability and the degree to which the campus accommodates the needs of the families involved on campus; explore the impact of COVID on child care and burdens on female & single parent faculty;
- Connect with the Next Generation Precision Health Initiative leadership on how IDE issues are being considered.
- Explore support for victims of relationship and sexual violence on campus and consider whether action is needed to improve services.
- Ensure that principles of fairness, equity, and inclusion characterize the changes regarding faculty affairs with administrative responsibilities to units coming under the new budget model.
- Meet with representatives of Black and Latinx faculty and staff about any issues or concerns they would like to see addressed by FC. Also, pay attention to conversations and issues regarding Black, Latinx, LGBTQIA+ faculty to determine, what if any actions FC might take toward these existing and ongoing concern.