Budget Committee Charge, 2021-2022
The committee will attend to the following issues and report to Council as appropriate:
- Address Parking Fee increases – is there a better solution for years 2 & 3?
- Engage with the work of the RAM committees – progress & plans
- Follow-up on rising benefit costs for employees
- Salaries of staff – equitable (versus new hourly rates) – Cost of living
- Weaknesses of the cost analyses of staff, missing positions, inequities
- Follow-up of COVID-related expense reimbursements from government agencies
- Review Athletics budgetary shortfall
- New leadership plan, COVID shortfall
- Follow-up on faculty salary reduction process
- Promise of salary equity study update ~18% difference
- Status of Women Committee – reach out
- Follow-up on future plans to outsource some staff positions, e.g., janitorial staff
- Is this the right committee?
- **Address faculty salary compression
- **Investigate changes in GO support to colleges/MU
- How PMI changes allocations of funds?
- **Calculations of AAU metrics
- MU last in faculty salaries
Faculty Council membership on committee: