Charges for 2022-23 are currently being developed (last years charges below). This page will be updated with new charges once determined.
Faculty Council membership on committee:
Academic Affairs Committee Charges for 2021-2022:
- Develop policy regarding the conversion of outside educational activities or continuing education to MU course credit.
- Contact Conflict of Interest Committee to discuss the potential incorporation into the broader campus committee member appointment process
- Explore the need for a campus-wide LOA policy for students; draft of suggest policy as appropriate.
- Explore counting Saturday towards the three days between the end of finals and the final grade due date, (but not Sunday). Adding Saturday could allow earlier commencement ceremonies; draft or suggest policy as appropriate.
- Check back in on progress of universal IDE goals for courses
- Restate, re-educate or revise policies around the existing policy that you cannot earn the same degree twice, and that you need 12 additional credits – new achieved learning outcomes – for a new degree.
- Restate, re-educate or revise policies around the policy that minors are only awarded with a degree, therefore, it is not feasible to return and earn a minor without earning a degree.
- Restate, re-educate or revise policies around the policy that finals need to take place during finals week only and not the week before finals.
- Help evaluate newly developed teaching and learning evaluation tools.
- Consider the Registrar’s annual list of requests for updates and/or policy changes to the Faculty Handbook and University Catalogs and ensure that the handbook reflects recent changes.
- Submit the AY2023-2024 academic calendar for Council approval.
- Meet in person or via zoom on a regular basis, with a committee member taking notes so that a record of each meeting can be used to prepare subsequent reports to Council. Absent good cause, standing committees should plan to meet at least monthly.
- Meet with key administrators relevant to the committee’s work as appropriate.
- Make recommendations to Council concerning potential Council agenda items relevant to the committee’s work.
- Recommend guests to the Chair of Council to invite to speak at Council meetings on matters relevant to the committee’s work.
- In the spring of 2022 (no later than the first regular Council meeting following spring break), prepare a formal report on the activities of the committee during academic year 2021-2022. This report should serve as a guide to the 2022-2023 committee chair and should assist the next Executive Committee as it sets the Council’s agenda for the next academic year.