Student Affairs Committee Charge, 2021-2022
The Student Affairs committee has a somewhat dual role giving that it is a combination of both university and Faculty Council members.
At a general level, Student Affairs Committee members will be informed on general issues of the university’s programming particularly as they relate to the Division of Student Affairs. Specifically, this programming relates to fraternity and sorority life, mental health services, recreation, residential life, diversity programming, and the ways in which the university seeks to cultivate the well-being of MU’s diverse populations of students as a function of their status as first generation, graduate, married, military, non-traditional, or re-entrant students.
The Student Affairs Committee will assume some of the duties of the former university Student Affairs Committee, including approval of student organizations, gathering information and concerns regarding student publications.
With respect to its obligations as an organ of the Faculty Council, the following issues and concerns have been identified as areas which will inform itself about and report to Council as appropriate:
- Availability of student mental health services
- Student Free Speech policies
- Revisions to the Summer Welcome program
- Concerns regarding the recent incident of alcohol poisoning at FGD fraternity and the University response to the results of the FSL Advisory Board.
- Re-evaluation of the F to U grading policy and/or grading options in light of campus policies and student concerns with respect to the ongoing pandemic
The Committee will be responsive to any additional issues which the Council seeks information or input.
Faculty Council membership on committee: